We regard this history as a cause for great thanksgiving to God.
We believe that it is only because of God’s good hand upon us over these many years that we have remained a Church where the Gospel of the grace of God is loved and preached.
We were founded on 5th April 1908, by Thomas Dawson, a Scripture-reader from Wadsley Bridge Church. The Church became known as the Sovereign Grace Mission. The Church met in several private homes.
The congregation moved to a building on our present site, which was known at that time as the Wycliffe Memorial Chapel. The first service held there was one of thanksgiving for the end of World War II hostilities in Europe. When Thomas Dawson moved to Derby, Harry Platts, one of the founding young men, became Pastor until his death in 1955.
The oversight then passed to Harry Denman until his death in 1972.
Irfon Hughes from South Wales accepted a call to the pastorate and ministered here until March 1984, when he moved to a Church in Massachusetts, U.S.A.
John Waite, at that time Principal of the South Wales Bible College at Barry, accepted the call to become the next pastor of the Church, was inducted on 30th March 1985 and retired on 30th December 2000.
The new church building officially opened April 1994.
In September 1995 Conrad Pomeroy was inducted as Assistant Pastor, until called to a church in Dundee.
Spencer Cunnah from South Wales accepted a call to the pastorate and ministered here until 2012, when he accepted the call from Kensit Evangelical Church
2005 Ed Collier joined as assistant pastor, after completing his studies at London Theological Seminary
Ed Collier accepted the call from the church to become associate pastor
Ed Collier accepted the call from the church to become pastor
Crystal Peaks Church planted
Gerald Tanner accepted the call from the church to become associate pastor
Morning service moved to King Edward’s Upper School
James Leverton accepted the call from the church to become associate pastor
Ed Collier and James Leverton accepted the invitation from the church that each would serve as co-pastor